Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 February 2013

I'm Ready To Graduate

I’m Ready To Graduate


I’m ready to graduate, three years is enough,
I know what comes next won’t be easy but
I’ve grown up – older, wiser, smarter: I’m tough.

I’m ready to graduate with the world at my feet,
The choices are endless, doors open wide -
A 2:1 in Film & English: one of the élite.

I’m ready to graduate, who needs to have fun?
Getting hammered is childish and stupid and dumb.
…What’s that you’re holding? Is it rum?

I’m ready to graduate, back to the nest
For a while - a year, maybe two, maybe three -
Not long at all, Mum, just a temporary guest.

I’m ready to graduate, my friends aren’t too far,
We can see each other at weekends, right?
It’s easy to get to Hampshire or London without a car.

I’m not ready to graduate but time marches on.
The bell rings, brace yourselves lads, over the top,
We go together into the unknown beyond.

by Malcolm Gledhill

1 comment:

  1. haha! i love this! already tooottally identify with that second to last stanza

    ReplyDelete