Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Skydive: a splurge

Creative writing class nonsense ahoy!

***
So we strapped ourselves in and our group leader made a bad joke about not dying and this didn't ease my nerves at all which by the way were all over the place because there was a chance I could die even though I knew the death rate was only 0.02% that still sounded bloody high to me but anyway up we went and the higher and higher we got the lower and lower my stomach sank and then Josh was sick which actually made me feel better because I felt bad but I didn't feel that bad but then in no time at all we were at proper altitude and our group leader opened the door which made all the air rush out and caused a right racket and then I was strapped to my jump-buddy Rachel who was a total pro and made me feel instantly at ease - not - and before I knew it it was my turn so we shuffled to the door and Rachel gave my hand a squeeze which was trembling like an old person's but before we could jump our group leader stuck his boot into my back and would you believe it kicked us out and I think he got fired for that and Rachel gave him hell when we landed but anyway I shrieked and my belly flipped and I think I could hear Rachel swearing as we tumbled and tried to steady us because we were in a right spin but I couldn't be sure because the air was shouting in my ears and I was shrieking pretty loud too and then all of a sudden we were stable and had stopped accelerating or something and it was actually an amazing feeling and I couldn't stop laughing by the way and Rachel must've thought I was a right nut and then she opened the parachute and it yanked us up or that's how it felt at least and I knew then there was no chance I was going to die which I'd forgotten about anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment